Covertly, the local Naval Attaché contacts the Players as “reliable persons”. He asks them to discreetly escort an elderly woman and three children to a High Port Jump-3 away, and contact any Star Gypsy Clan Free Trader docked there. He offers Diplomatic Escort through Immigration and Middle Passage for everyone, or if the Players have their own ship, all required “Temporary Diplomatic Courier” documentation and refueling costs met, plus 25,000 credits down and 50,000 on completion. He also strangely suggests that a relationship with the Star Gypsy Free Traders could greatly benefit the Players.
Planetary Law Enforcement and Anti-Psion Religious Zealots are both looking for these Children and their elderly Nanny. Their Parents were leading Psionic minor Nobles violently murdered by the Zealots. The Zealots have spies in the Police. The Star Gypsies are a Space dwelling Clan of Psions who use their Free Traders as travelling Psionic Institutes. Naval Intelligence “overlooks” this and funnels Psionic refugees to them in exchange for “occasional favors”. In all cases, a six person hit team of Zealots is waiting at the High Port to intercept the Party.
1. Local Police create a very tense moment in Immigration, only defused when Senior Bureaucrat very begrudgingly acknowledges their Courier documents/Escort cover the entire party.
2. As in # 1, and if travelling by Middle Passage, the entire crew and other Passengers view the party with deep suspicion and rudeness. This scares the Children. There is one Zealot in the Ship’s crew.
3. As in # 1, a System Defense Boat very aggressively follows the Party’s Ship their entire trip out system and is semi-threatening, but stops short of boarding them.
4. Tipped off by their spies, a Fast Yacht with five zealots leaves 1-3 days behind the Party. The Referee should determine their involvement in the flow of subsequent events.
5. During the journey, the youngest child befriends a Party member and blatantly displays Psionic Talents in front of the whole party in a very helpful way. Players then have to confront their prejudices (if any) about Psionics.
6. At the High Port, one of the following Clan Ships is due in one day:
1-The Circus Ship, “Barnum’s Egress”
2-The Theatre Ship, “Bard’s Birdie”
3-Exotic Animal Carrier, “Ark of Excellence”
4-The Medical Clinic Ship, “Deep Thoughts IV”
5-The Pleasure Ship, “Dice to Meet You!”
6-The Tool Works Ship, “Tink of ‘Dat!”
Success and discretion earns the genuine gratitude of the Clan and Naval Intelligence. This could lead to Psionic Testing and training, and many further engagements by both groups. Failure or excessive anti-Psionic bias by Characters could lead to “memory re-arrangement”. The Referee should determine the flow of subsequent events.